The Aviation Integration, Maintenance, Sustainment & Safety Branch of the Leidos Airborne Solutions Operations has an opening for a Principle System Engineer to provide onsite and remote support for multiple manned aircraft surveillance platforms and Systems Integration Lab (SIL) integration. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. In this fast-paced environment, you will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including analysis, design, development, integration, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and evaluation across multiple types of computer systems, networks, and sensors.
- Perform full life cycle support of mission systems to include: research, development, design, testing, and modification of mission equipment, systems integration lab (SIL), and ground stations.
- Perform duties in designing tactical communications equipment to include ARC-210, Link 16, PRC-117, and beyond line of sight (BLOS) data and voice systems. Including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting assigned hardware and corresponding software.
- Perform hands-on maintenance and integration tasks to mission-specific equipment to include, but not limited to, servicing airborne sensors, system administration of Linux/Windows and network systems.
- Use system documentation and experience to collect, maintain, organize, and compile technical data for the aircraft and sensor systems.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to document required steps to maintain and integrate mission equipment.
- Interface between Information Assurance, Electrical, and Engineering teams to integrate sensor systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Intelligence, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of systems engineering and integration experience within airborne ISR platforms. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong understanding and application of System Engineering principles, processes, and procedures.
- Troubleshooting proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in model based systems engineering (MBSE) utilizing tools such as Cameo and Doors.
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 40+ lbs for extended distances.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain SCI.
- Current Security + CE certification
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with DoD avionics, to include but not limited to, communication, navigation, COMSEC, and aircraft survivability equipment repair and modification.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, requirements tracking, testing, and validation.
- Experience developing systems for airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Understanding of electronics principles.
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework.
- Be capable of working independently or as a team.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies.
- Experience with ELINT, SIGINT, and COMINT systems
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.