Leidos Intelligence Group has an immediate opening for a Principal Cost Proposal Manager to manage and develop compliant, complete and awardable Cost/Price Volumes in high paced, highly visible group/corporate environment and participate in a variety of pricing and estimating activities. This is a fast-paced position requiring excellent communication skills, attention to detail, demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
This is a mostly telecommute position and work visits to our proposal centers in Reston - VA and Chantilly - VA are expected during heavy proposal season.
- Lead the development of the Cost/Price Volumes for the corporation’s largest and most complex proposals
- Lead the Cost/Price Volume team, including Contracts, Subcontracts & Procurement, Capture Management, Finance, and Technical Estimators to produce of a fully compliant, complete and compelling and awardable Cost/Price Volume
- Participate in and contribute to Pricing Strategy and Price-to-Win reviews
- Participate in cost and pricing peer reviews of Cost/Price Volumes and supporting Pricing files
- Mentor and train less experienced professional employees
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related discipline is required and 8+ years’ experience in a related area.
- Prior experience should include experience in Proposal Development in government contracting, commercial, and/or services business models.
- Experience in various contract types and contract vehicles (GSA, IDIQ, BPA, etc.)
- Working knowledge of FAR/DFAR, CAS, DCMA/DCAA, estimating systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand Government/customer requirements, apply contracting and pricing principles, and develop compelling solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply lessons learned to new opportunities on a routine basis., and demonstrated ability to develop compelling solutions.
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and financial knowledge.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and thrive in a faced-paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong organizational, coordination and scheduling skills.
- Strong knowledge of pricing tools, templates, and have the ability to model business cases.
- Highly proficient with finance principles and desktop applications (i.e. MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret clearance or higher.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed to finish the job and to see a proposal through to completion.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Advanced degree/certification (MBA, NCMA, ICEAA, etc) a plus
- Experience with, commercial business models
- Experience with international proposals
- Knowledge of ProPricer is highly desirable
- Advanced math principals
- Statistical tool experience a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.