Leidos has a professional career opportunity in Reston, Va. for a Corporate Events Director. The successful candidate will be part of the Leidos Communications & Marketing team, report to the Vice President for Internal Communications & Events, and will work closely with senior executives at the corporate office and within Leidos’ business lines to plan and execute high-touch business meetings and special events.
This individual will act as the main point of contact for senior leadership event initiatives across Leidos. The right candidate is required to have a range of experience and competency in strategic event planning and employee engagement. The primary role includes managing executive-level meetings and events to support Leidos business objectives while leveraging spend, mitigating risk, standardizing processes, and ensuring consistent, concierge-level service quality. As Director, the right candidate needs to be able to balance multiple projects, requirements, and demands with flexibility and a concierge-service mindset. An ability to work both independently and with multiple stakeholders is key. The Director will also be responsible for managing the Corporate Events team and ensuring that team members thrive and grow professionally.
- Lead a small, high-energy corporate event planning team, including day-to-day team management, fostering career growth, supporting professional development, managing work balance, etc.
- Manage enterprise-wide and executive-level meeting processes
- Facilitate requests for events, provide strategic counsel/expertise, and respond to special requests
- Manage corporate employee engagement programs and special projects
- Plan executive-level meetings, events, and conferences (quarterly, annually, and as needed)
- Negotiate major company event contracts, including company-wide addendums
- Manage online event technology platforms – registration websites, surveys, etc. (e.g., Cvent)
- Leverage spend to drive down costs and meet budget demands
- Mitigate risks and liabilities associated with company meetings and events
- Travel (10-25%) when necessary to support key meetings and events
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Events Management, Tourism/Hospitality Management, Communications, English, Public Relations, or Marketing) and 8+ years’ work experience
- Demonstrated expertise in planning and executing executive level, high-touch, complex corporate events
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with current event planning technologies (e.g., Cvent or similar platform)
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and written communication skills
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to respond quickly and accurately to requests while working effectively in a team environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated expertise in working with executive leaders and employees at all levels
- Skill in strengthening a team through development/training and succession planning efforts
- Ability to promote and build the Leidos brand with new and engaging mediums
- Skill in creating events that facilitate knowledge sharing/collaboration (e.g., technology/capability showcases, organizational/senior leader deep-dive events, Board of Director meetings)
- Ability to manage special employee engagement programs and tools (e.g., company ice cream truck)
- Master’s degree beneficial
- Mastery of strategic event management process/planning
- Certified meeting professional designation
- Active (past or present) related professional association membership(s)
- Procurement or finance experience
- Cvent technology experience; experience with similar event technologies
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Conference and Event Planning
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.