Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Senior-level Engineer to lead the design of the Next Generation DoD Mobility Classified Capability enabling Secure Global Communications. This is a great opportunity for Systems Engineer with a background in leading projects to get in on the ground floor and join our highly motivated and innovative team of Software, Hardware, Network, and Systems Engineers.
As the Systems Engineer on this effort, you will conduct and manage engineering research, design and development involving hardware and software solutions in a diverse and collaborative R&D environment in Fort Meade, MD area.
Key responsibilities include but not be limited to:
- Conduct research and requirement development
- Build use cases
- Development of Reference Designs/Prototypes
- Create a plan with the program staff for milestones and deliverables
- Create status reports for customer
- Schedule and participate in TEMs with customer and partners
- Attend customer meetings to provide status and communicate risks/roadblocks
- Update and maintain program risk register
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical degree with at least 4 years of experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of Degree
- Twenty (20) Years’ experience as a Systems Engineer
- Key technical skills include a high proficiency in requirements analysis with full life-cycle experience in software/hardware development
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, and able to accomplish tasks under limited supervision
- TS SCI with Poly REQUIRED
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.