The Applied Science Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Chemist to work in our San Diego, CA office. The preferred candidate has experience and understanding of novel analytical chemistry techniques and processing.
- Responsible for the application of classical physics and chemistry for advancing the state-of-the-art in Chemistry
- Responsible for the application of classical physics and chemistry for sensing of CBRN threats
- Participating as part of a multidisciplinary scientific and engineering team Developing and refining sensing modalities
- Sampling of CBRN threats in the environment
- Laboratory-based sensor validation
- Field testing and deployment of sensor systems
- Participating in test and verification efforts of systems and subsystems
- Supporting system integration and instrument development
- To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Analytical Chemistry or related fields in the physical sciences with spectroscopy (Physics, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, etc.) with 4+ years of postgraduate experience in instrument development, measurement, and analysis of trace materials.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience in mass spectrometry, chromatography, ultraviolet/visible/infrared spectroscopy, and related analytical techniques.
- Ability to clearly document test procedures, results, analysis, and conclusions
- Ability to contribute to new concept development in the CBRN detection fields, including contributing to and/or leading internal and external proposal efforts
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience in mass spectrometry development efforts, including ion sources, optics, detection, and modelling
- Experience with MATLAB for mathematical modeling, analysis, and visualization
- Security clearance at the SECRET level or above
- Advanced study (PhD)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.