At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; a flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; and more.
Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Senior Network Administrator / Engineer in Oahu, HI. This position will support a new award with the Modeling & Simulation for Systems Engineering (MSSE) program in support of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Aviation & Missile Center (CCDC AvMC) Software, Simulation, Systems Engineering and Integration (S3I) Directorate. Through this contract, Leidos will ensure warfighter readiness by providing systems engineering services to develop and apply models and simulations to aviation and missile systems analysis.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Particular attention to secure configuration and availability of critical servers and applications.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems and applications.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records for Active Directory, servers, and systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Monitor and report network intrusion incidents in accordance with local procedures, and support ongoing cyber network defense hardening efforts.
- Optimize network and systems through performance monitoring and make recommendations to the customer on systems improvements.
- Design, install and deploy secure product enhancements within a mixed VMware and Microsoft environment. Adhere to Department of Defense secure configuration requirements and Microsoft best practices.
- Comply with local vulnerability management procedures, which include patch management, regression testing, and reporting.
- Provide oversight on capacity planning, redundancy and monitoring database growth.
- Active Secret Clearance, must be able to obtain TS.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Meet DoDM 8570.2 IAT II or III requirements (CompTIA Security+/CASP, or ISC2 CSSP/CISSP).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Server 2016/2019, Active Directory, SQL Server 2016/2019 Enterprise, Exchange Server 2016 through 2019, and SharePoint 2016/2019.
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vSphere, ESXi, vSAN and Horizon virtualization technologies, IP networking, DNS, and systems integration.
- Experience in managing complex networks in both disconnected and connected states, utilizing a mix of Cisco, Aruba networking components supporting secure wireless and wired architectures.
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and the use of PKI to secure network communications and systems, to include the deployment of Certificate Authority (CA) servers, software and hardware used in classified DOD environments.
- Knowledge and expertise in implementing DISA STIGs and DOD vulnerability management toolsets like HBSS and ACAS.
- Analyze, interpret & recommend solutions for system shortfalls, discrepancies or improvements in security related technologies and access requirements
- Active TS/SCI.
- Previous service and experience in the USINDOPACOM Area of Responsibility.
- Desired certifications include: Microsoft certification - MCSA Windows 2016 and/or SQL Server 2016.; VMware Certified Professional; Microsoft Azure Fundamentals.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.