Ready for your next career step? We are seeking talented DevOps Engineers with 2-4 years hands-on experience to join our dynamic Agile software teams in Orlando, FL. This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity to expand your skills in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
These are some of the cool stuff you will be doing:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug automation solutions for development, test and production environments.
- Manage private and public cloud infrastructures via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications.
- Enable the continuous integration and continuous delivery of our diverse suite of software products by applying best practices for infrastructure provisioning, configuration and automated software deployments.
- Continually evaluate and apply best practices to facilitate continuous improvement that can be applied across teams.
- Develop migration solutions to move content (source code, artifacts, tracking tickets, documentation, CI/CD pipelines, etc.) to other environments and/or tools.
- Own small parts of the overall solution for a project or program.
- Ability to take high level requirements from senior engineers and program management and break the work down into smaller tasks for the team.
- Makes process and program recommendations to the project or program.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2-4 years’ of experience in a relevant field. Additional Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with Agile and DevSecOps concepts and best practices.
- Fundamental background with software design patterns and programming languages.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain U.S. DoD TS/SCI w/ Polygraph security clearance.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with GitOps tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.