Come put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our Software Factory in Omaha, NE. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
As a leader in the Software Factory, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
- Help build, manage and mentor multi-disciplined teams executing Agile and DevSecOps processes using best-of-breed tools.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation and promote collaboration across teams and projects.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve our software deliverables.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 8-12 years of software engineering experience, or a Master's with 6-10 years of experience.
- Hands-on expertise with Java/C++ and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web application technologies and deployment environments, including Docker, Kafka, and Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting, developing, and delivering complex software systems into production.
- Strong understanding of modern software design patterns and coding standards.
- Experience leading multi-disciplined technical project teams and setting the technical direction.
- Working knowledge of Agile development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux, etc.)
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Hands-on experience with Agile management tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, GitLab, Confluence.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter.
- Active DoD security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.