Leidos is seeking a Software Development Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology. ERAM is the heart of the Next Generation (NextGen) Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management. ERAM is vital to the future of air navigation, providing the foundational platform required for the FAA to enable NextGen solutions, via modernization programs such as System Wide Information Management, Data Communications, and Automatic Dependent Surveillance- Broadcast.
ERAM will provide benefits for users and the flying public by increasing air traffic flow.
- Modernizing the air traffic control system by improving the availability and performance of the ERAM system
- Supporting ERAM as it continues to migrate ERAM from the AIX operating systems (OS) to the Linux OS
- Optimizing the experience for the flying public, Air Traffic Control, and the airline industry by improving the collaboration and decision-making capabilities of flight controllers
- Developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software (primarily Ada95/C++) on a UNIX/Linux platform
- Developing and maintaining support/maintenance functions utilizing PERL/PYTHON
- Performing software development as needed for the ERAM system
- Coordinating solutions with Systems Engineering
- Coordinating the development of new capabilities and upgrading common services provided to the applications via the FlightDeck API
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering Degree
- Demonstrated Software Development Skills/Capabilities
- Excellent Verbal and Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to debug and solve problems
- A Strong Desire to Learn
- Work experience in a technical organization performing Software Engineering tasks.
- Leadership Skills
- Working knowledge of the Software Engineering life cycle
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux command-line environment
- Working knowledge of the Linux/Unix development environment
- Ada95/C/C++ development skills
- General knowledge of shell scripting languages (bash, sh, Python, Perl)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.