The Defense Group of Leidos has a current job opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer supporting the C4ISR Solutions Operation. The candidate will guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for leveraging open-source and in-house tools to manage infrastructure via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for container-based applications. The DevOps Engineer will provide input and expertise to senior engineers to maintain alignments with best practices and recommending system improvements while overseeing the automated deployment, roll-back, and monitoring of applications into software development, test, and production environment. This individual is expected to be a thought leader with respect to DevOps trends and technologies and mentor fellow DevOps engineers. In this role, there is the potential to support multiple contract to help provide growth and broadening opportunities within Leidos.
To be successful in this role you must have the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- 4-8 years of experience performing DevOps activities in a professional capacity. May be able to consider additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Capable of receiving DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience working with Agile software development teams and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS.)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams, customers, and senior Leidos leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these preferred skills:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field.
- Cloud certifications such as AWS DevOps Engineer or similar.
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or greater.
- USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.