Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Submarine ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs located in Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop and evaluate training programs for the submarine community of the US Navy utilizing Leidos’ SMMTT, COAET, SET, or other trainers. You will be a training subject matter expert and be responsible for supporting the development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems for Advanced Processor Build (APB) deliveries to the US Navy's A-RCI program. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic trainers. These activities include one or more of the following: Learning Objective and Course Content Creation; Concept of Operations Formulation; Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System Architecting; System Analysis and Design; Interface and Data Architectures Definition; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System Installation; System and Operational Performance Analysis; Lifecycle Cost Analysis and Estimation; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to test sites and Navy schoolhouses, and will account for about 25% of the job.
-BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of degree.
• Must have 12+ years of work experience, obtained through prior related military experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in ARCI or AN/BQQ-10 Sonar system operations.
• Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a submarine fast attack or guided missile submarine acoustic operator (STS), or junior officer
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.