The IP Address Manager is responsible for planning and managing the assignment and use of IP addresses across the Enterprise. The IP Address manager discovers IP addresses on a network, deploys new addresses, keeps accurate records, enables address planning, and monitors IP address usage. The IP manager will create a central repository of all the information on networks, IP addresses and hosts alike, providing the ability to search across all this information will enable network teams to quickly track changing network landscapes and rapidly troubleshoot issues as they arise. The IP Manager fulfills compliance requirements and audit trails. It helps the organization in providing mandatory information for maintaining regulatory compliance. It can deliver logs with network IP addresses and other related information. Provide operational data for troubleshooting requirements, such as IP address data history and summarized reports on IP address resources and utilization.
- Inventory entire address space –error-free– with automated scanning
- Identify IP address duplicates across subnets
- Make historical IP address to device associations effortlessly
- Get up-to-date visibility into IP address utilization
- Easily locate an IP address utilizing any of its attributes
- Categorize and report on devices by type automatically
- Discover subnet allocations and IP address assignments as they currently exist
- Gain visibility into Microsoft DHCP and Cisco IOS DHCP servers from a single tool
- Determine root cause of IP space problems utilizing and integrated toolset
- Identify forgotten DHCP servers
- Experience and success with LAN / WAN, implementation, and support
- Experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Thorough understanding of DNS and DHCP
- Work collaboratively with other teams such as LAN, WAN, firewall, Active Directory, Hosting etc.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- High School Diploma and 4 years of direct, relevant professional work experience or an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution and 2 years of direct, relevant professional work experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution
- Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance prior to start
- An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
- Work independently and within a team structure
- An ability to set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with those contacted during the course of the work day
- Prior to start of employment the candidate MUST possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.