● Adhere to Health and Safety regulations and law.
● Have knowledge of ISO9001, ISO14001 and Q1.
● Understand the Quality Management System Quality Brief.
● Responsible for the production of Company products.
● Achieve production targets and deadlines.
● Work from engineering drawings.
● Check materials for type and quantity.
● First off component inspection and random batch inspection thereafter.
● Setting the machines.
● Prove out, write and edit programs on the CNC machines.
● Prepare cutting tools.
● De-burr components.
● There may be a requirement to work on site within the UK or aboard.
● To clock in/out and fill in time cards correctly.
● Completion of job record sheets.
● Checking components for quality and quantity.
● Promote safe and efficient systems, assembly and production.
● Provide your own tools and ensure they are serviceable at all times.
● Communicate to the Production Manager giving feedback on all aspects that would affect completion and/or quality of our product.
● Assist in inspections of products if required.
● Positively promote the best interests of Leidos Industrial Engineers at all times.
● Housekeeping (clean, efficient and safe work place).
● Daily before use checks of machines and equipment.
● Maintenance of machines and fault reporting.
● Ensure your working area within the Workshop is kept clean and tidy.
The above requirement and statements are intended to describe the general nature of level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. Leidos Industrial Engineers reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as deemed necessary, to meet the needs of the business.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.