Autonomous airborne systems are essential for commercial, non-profit, and national security interests. The Skyborg System Design project is the Vanguard program managed by Leidos to assist the United States Government in airborne autonomous system design and operations. The Skyborg System Design Agent (SDA) currently has openings for two Data Scientists to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your data science skills and experience to help the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Skyborg mission. In this mission Leidos, is developing the Skyborg Autonomy Core System (ACS) and conducting data collection and analysis activities to inform design.
- Design and development of methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse and/or large data sets from disparate sources.
- Develop and use advanced statistical concepts, algorithms, querying and automated processes to clean, model, integrate and evaluate complex datasets and business problems for practical application.
- Familiarity with the principals of related disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
- Provide meaningful insight and interpret and communicate findings and recommendations in both narrative and visualization media.
- May develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve system performance.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures, especially with API-connectivity.
- Experience working with and creating data models to support data science endeavors.
- Ability to obtain DoD security clearance
- Government / Military domain experience
- Graduate degree or equivalent certificate in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field
- Experience with complex problem formulation and solution paths in a data-rich environment, including the leverage of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and other advanced data science methods
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.