Leidos has a job opening for an expert-level Systems Engineer specializing in Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and with subject matter expertise in the subspecialty of weapons Targeteering. The successful candidate will demonstrate an expertise in the field of Photogrammetry and weapons Targeteering utilizing GEOINT products, providing expert technical advice to customer staff and senior customer leadership. He/She will be assigned technical leadership responsibilities on large, complex GEOINT-related projects solving multi-dimensional problems under unique circumstances. Critical to the candidate’s success in this position will be his/her ability of effectively communicate, collaborate and (at times) negotiate with customer and external stakeholder executive leadership, expertly presenting innovative and technically sound solutions to extremely difficult problems.
- Knowledge of current developments and technologies in GEOINT product exploitation and dissemination
- Expert knowledge of weapons targeting tactics, techniques, and procedures using GEOINT products such as SAR imagery, Full-Motion Video, multi-spectral EO/IR
- Expert knowledge of GEOINT data exploitation in the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community
- Expert knowledge of and experience with DoD and IC TCPED process
- Expert knowledge of GEOINT data formats and transport paths
Education and experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Photogrammetry or related field
- 20+ years of experience with DoD and IC GEOINT enterprises
- 10+ years of experience either serving on or interfacing with Combatant Command staff
- 10+ years of experience with DoD Special Access Programs
- Active TS//SCI with Polygraph
- Leidos Site, LC3, Chantilly, VA
- Domestic and International travel required up to 25%
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.