Leidos is looking for dedicated temporary Fire Watch/Laborers for projects lasting 2-3 months in San Diego Shipyards. Ideal candidates are Punctual, Professional, Reliable, and hard working. Expect to work 5 days a week and 10 hours a day. Federal holidays are worked.
- Be aware of fire hazards in the workplace while work is performed by other employees
- Maintain the conditions and requirements stated on the Hot work permit
- Keep flammable materials from ignition sources
- In the event of fire, notify hot work operator, extinguish it immediately, notify Team Lead
- Stop operations if you find any hazardous condition
- Assist in set up and break down of welders equipment
- Needle gunning and lagging removal
- Assist with cable installation as required
- Maintain a clean work area during and at the end of shift
- Report on time daily as required
- Enter time daily in time keeping system
- Work Second shift as required
- Submit weekly expense reports
- Able to carry 50 lbs and ascend and descend ladders
- Will provide Fire Watch training and basic cableway training
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to report to work at scheduled start time
- Ability to work required overtime
- General computer knowledge
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.