Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
As a Protection and Control (P&C) Engineer, candidates will be responsible for the design of substation protection and control design projects for electric utilities at voltages from 12kV up to 500kV. This is an exciting and growing field in the power systems industry and allows candidates to get exposure to how the power generation such as that of renewable energy ties into the electric system. Candidates will be expected to use knowledge of digital logic design, AC and DC circuits to design substation electrical projects.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading! Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To learn more, click here: http://https://www.leidos.com/company/our-business/civil
We have an Entry Level Electrical Engineer position located in our Orlando, FL location. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. This includes preparation of single-lines, schematics, and wiring designs for substations, as well as preparation of system models for load, fault, and protection analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation of studies and reports for transmission and distribution systems.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
• Project scope development
• Relay One Line design•
Three Line AC schematic design
• DC protection schematic design
• Panel layout and wiring design
• Develop Bill of Materials based on design criteria
• Complete project lifecycle support from scoping to final design and implementation
• Construction Support
• Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Working with client standards to implement design
• Working with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work with client standards to implement design
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. in electrical engineering
• Entry level engineer experience with 1+ year of experience with either internships or coops, and/or course work with DC/AC circuits, logic design or power systems.
• Engineer Intern (“”EI” or “EIT”) professional certification preferred
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
• Experience/projects in the power system/utility industry
• Understanding of electrical circuits and logic design
• Understanding of relays and electronic components
• Experience working on CAD tools
• Knowledge of substation design and protective relaying
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.