Leidos is seeking a Technical Systems Architect, to support the Department of Veteran Affairs IOSS contract based in Austin, TX.
Candidate must have expert with experience in the creation of strategic design, build and implementation of IT Service Management monitoring and reporting systems and services using industry best-of-breed products and Splunk (Core/ITSI) as aggregation and visualization source to support the Veterans Affairs Enterprise Performance Management and Reliability (EPMR) function within OIT. This position will guide design of monitoring solutions based on needs, cost, and required integration with existing monitoring strategies, applications, systems, or platforms. Through research, this position will identify, select, and validate monitoring solution strategies and technology products required for monitoring solution delivery in one or more advanced and complex projects or business issues. This position will establish, implement, and document technology integration or migration strategies. This position is expected to stay on top of industry trends and new technologies for systems architecture in the area of ITSM products, techniques, and tactics.
Responsible for ensuring each system and service monitored meets business and service management requirements and architecturally, technically, and strategically aligns with the EHRM monitoring solution. As such this position will IOSS Contractor Resource Request Continued on the next page.
- Provide leadership role for one or more monitoring work groups through knowledge in an area of specialization – such as Splunk ITSI.
- Called upon to oversee the actions of one or more monitoring solution development teams and will respond to queries and provide technical guidance as and when the needs arise Experience with IT Service Management guiding principles for availability management, especially in environments using Splunk ITSI methods and practices a plus.
- Routinely interact with a number of system, service and technology stakeholders across the organization and may be asked to validate and adjust individual solution designs, oversee implementation and overcome technical and policy challenges, offer alternative analysis, including investment, build and sustainment price tag analysis, and lead the efforts to architect, develop, integrate and deploy monitoring solution applications.
- Support to maintenance of IT management systems
- Assist in defining, planning, and implementing monitoring service and system upgrades
- Definition, documentation, and enforcement of integration standards for monitoring data accumulation, aggregation, curation, and visualization
- Oversight and guidance of one or more ITSM solution development teams to ensure definition and fulfillment of business requirements and adherence to defined standards
- Review and acceptance of proposed ITSM monitoring solutions by review of business needs statement, technical requirements, concept of operation diagrams that include performance review, exception handling, and service support process integration
- Review and acceptance of proposed ITSM monitoring solutions by review of system and solution architecture diagrams, including data flow and management
- Routine participation in monitoring or management improvement efforts that result in recommendations for improvements or modifications to service dependency modeling, exception handling, support process integration, service health and performance score calculation and visualization as may be required in support of service improvement or problem management mitigation efforts
- Create and maintain monitoring system operations and support plans
- Minimum of a master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems; with 10 years of experience.
- 20 years of work experience can be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Experience with data graphics design, data visualization design, and dashboard design methodologies using Human Centered Design (HCD) principals.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Knowledge and familiarity with software architecture design within Splunk as well as common Splunk infrastructure components in heavy weight forwarding class environments
- Federal Government experience.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management practices, ITIL (V3 or V4)
- Comfortably confident with monitoring and management data architecture
- Experience with systems integration and design
- Confident with principles and practices of availability management, reporting and data visualization
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:4000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.