The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening in Springfield, VA on the RECON project, in support of the NGA's Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions. You will work as a Scientist on a fast–paced research and development team on spectral imagery systems addressing image collection, characterization, and exploitation problems. Examples of potential projects include: image reconstruction, object detection and tracking, feature extraction and classification, machine learning, signal processing, and radiometric analysis.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including: automating data analysis using machine learning, characterize existing and new sensor systems, develop new and improve data analysis techniques, propose collection strategies to address new signature development .
- Support informational briefings for educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission.
- Design collection experiments and compare measured results with ground truth data.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Required Experience, Skills & Education:
- Bachelor's and 6+ years of relevant experience or Master's and 4+ years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Working experience with algorithm development, Matlab and/or Python scripting, HPC, image science, signal processing, EO/IR systems.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to meet research objectives is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.