Leidos is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer, where you will provide Systems Engineering support to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). You are expected to assist the Senior Systems Engineer in planning, implementing, and supporting local and wide-area infrastructure and network solutions between multiple platforms.
This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD and requires a minimum of Secret clearance.
· Assist in planning and implementation of Linux based security solutions across a variety of networks and environments.
· Work within a team as a Linux Engineer supporting a technical project planning environment.
· Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, and network issues and coordinate with vendors for installation of such items as servers and switches.
· Monitor all activities of the network facilities and ensures high system availability
· Provide technical support in all customer interaction situations, including receipt of specifications, design, test, and response to service requests.
· Debug and test network, infrastructure and system inter-operability
· Provide initial implementation support of subscriber hardware to assure proper execution
· Provide resolution for system failures or degradations
· Provide RMF and accreditation efforts
· Support projects and provide or maintain documentation as required
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience; Master’s degree with <2 years’ experience; or Associates degree with 7 years’ experience.
• Must possess an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain up to TS/SCI clearance.
• Relevant experience must include 1+ years in the following:
- Linux based systems administration and network operations
- Supporting a classified network, configuring/maintaining routers/switches/firewalls
- Cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data
- Working knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements, ITIL framework and best practices
- Developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports
• Must hold IAT Level II 8570 Certification prior to start date.
• Must hold Computing Environment Certification prior to start date.
• Must hold CSSP Infrastructure Support 8570 Certification or obtain within 45 days of start date.
• Extensive experience with DoD and classified networks
• Experience with RMF
• Experience designing and managing high-availability services
• Experience with enterprises to include LINUX and cloud technologies
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-pasted environment and to work independently
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.