Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Jr. Software Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a Jr. Software Developer to join our team who is highly motivated, responsible and a detailed oriented team. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The successful candidate will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. Candidate must be familiar with the configuration and system testing process. This position requires an experienced, self-motivating individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
Location: New Orleans, LA or Little Rock, AR
- Must have solid understanding and production experience in analyzing, developing, and deploying solutions
- Gather software application requirements through interactions with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Plan and facilitate requirements sessions to identify and validate requirements with IT and business stakeholders.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the QA organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree with 1+ year of experience working on a support or development team
- Development experience with one or more of the following: .Net, Java, Python, or similar language
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- The passion and drive to expand coding skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without immediate supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.