Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions, Public Health Programs is seeking a Program Manager for a large scale data surveillance application support services program supporting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the Atlanta, GA area.
The Program Manager position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional program execution in delivery of development, support applications, data collection and reporting of surveillance data services to CDC. The work encompasses application development, O&M, testing, technical architecture, deployments and all project life cycle documentation. The Program Manager will provide management and oversight for all technical, financial, schedule, and risk efforts in support of the program. Responsible for strategic technical direction and development of cost and operational models to align with the customer’s operational needs. The person in this position will work directly with the CDC and the Leidos leadership teams to ensure success on all aspects of the program, including team leadership, client relationships, management of contract execution, oversight of strategic initiatives, infrastructure design and support and other support responsibilities associated with the program.
The Program Manager will have a team of project leads and staff and provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review plans, schedules and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The Program Manager will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful execution of the program.
- Provide strategic & technical direction including strategy to action plan for the contract task order that includes application development, O&M, technical architecture and design, infrastructure design and support, analysis of surveillance data and associated reporting, help desk and training support and modernization initiatives.
- Manager will oversee development deployments and system documentation and deliverables associated with the CDC Enterprise Project Life Cycle (EPLC) requirements.
- Proactively communicate and engage CDC leaders and subject matter experts as well as ability to collaborate with external stakeholders
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to CDC
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Coordinate efforts associated with risk, subcontracts, change and contractual management
- Provides onsite management of team leads and personnel, ensure that CDC has ongoing timely, professional and technical support services which leverage industry best practices and professional standards.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables
- Assist with the management of the Integrated Master Schedule and software release schedule validating progress updates with the customer and technical team
- Provide oversight of program deliverables, responsible for working with the program COR lead to ensure a successful delivery
- Support the development of internal and external briefings inclusive of program execution reviews, and executive meetings
- Actively support and participate in government affairs data calls and briefings on the programs supported
- Review cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Participate in customer meetings, effectively communicating program status and request clarification on issues when needed
- Coordinate the compilation of program documentation inclusive of work instructions, management plans, and directives
- Provide oversight of program staffing requirements, working with assigned Project Managers to support efficient hiring
- Work with highly technical teams to report status and assist with other support tasks
- Actively engage with functional support teams to ensure customer and Leidos requirements are met
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the program
- Support overall portfolio growth initiatives and provide subject matter expertise to new opportunities and/or on contract growth
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within CDC
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures as well as actively participate in regular quality audits.
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the CDC program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- 12 years of program management experience for application development, O&M, infrastructure design and support, analysis of surveillance data and associated reporting, and modernization initiatives
- Certified PMP (Active certification required)
- Experience in leading teams of 40-70 people and financial responsibility exceeding $10M annually on T&M and/or FFP contract types
- Experienced in systems development and standardization of data collection
- Microsoft 365, cloud, network, security and core infrastructure , supporting high volume of users
- Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
- Management oversight to help desk team that responds to an average 200+ email help desk tickets per work day
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Expertise and working knowledge of cost account management, risk management, staffing, sales growth, direct customer communication with customer leaders/executives
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation
- Strong strategic analysis skills
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Leidos Program Execution requirements, inclusive of Management Reviews and Integrated Product Reviews
- Experience integrating use of Electronic Health Records into surveillance data systems
- Knowledge and experience working closely with the Health Level Seven (HL7) standards development, organizations and HL7 consultants
- Knowledge and experience working with systems related to electronic health records
- ITIL experience and certification
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with CDC or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, development and modernization services
- Experience with full Microsoft Suite, including MS Project, Visio, and PowerBI
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.