The Leidos Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Program Manager supporting customers in Montgomery County, MD
An experienced Program Manager is needed to help organize and coordinate various projects and efforts. This includes providing strategic guidance, recommendations to customer and Leidos leadership, overseeing the progress of objectives, and ensuring our team(s) reflect the Leidos values and goals.
The successful Program Manager will be responsible for service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of software and content developers, business analysts, UX specialists, testers, architects, configuration management, and others. The Program Manager will ensure compliance with policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others, and follow agile methodologies, including scrum and test-driven development.
The Program Manager confidently communicates regular status updates, effectively collaborates with the customer on problem solving and user experience, is empathetic and considers the best way to meet customer needs. The ideal candidate is an excellent people leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. The Program Manager demonstrates past experience that programs under their watch have delivered the desirable outcomes to the customer, through efficient strategies and tactics.
- Lead or support program-wide initiatives that span multiple contracts, as needed including coordinating, organizing, monitoring of inter-connected projects and activities
- Monitor program performance and financial objectives including developing and controlling milestones, budgets and activities
- Evaluate and select suitable strategies and objectives
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Respond to Data Calls such as financial status, computer or hardware details, technical attributes of the Systems, or security audits
- Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects
- Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Manage the staffing and vendor selections
- Prepare and present reports designed for customer and for Leidos management reviews
- Support Business Development activities such as proposal writing, reviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 10+ years of work experience with 5+ years of experience managing complex software development projects (preferably at US Federal HHS or DOD agencies)
- PMI PMP Certification required
- EAC planning and tracking / Financial experience (Familiarity with Leidos processes a plus)
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods (Familiarity with Leidos processes including CMMI highly desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and program/project management software (Jira, Confluence, MS Project etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Experience managing projects with multiple subcontractors
- Confidence in communication and presentation skills to both customer and line management
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.