Leidos is seeking an MS SQL Server Database Administrator to join our database team with the corporate CIO Services organization. In this role, you will be perform day-to-day database administrative task that includes design, database schema definition, database access privilege management, database query optimization, documentation, database instance patching and upgrades, long-range requirements, data encryption and database protection.
- Review data within the database to ensure user data integrity, maintain database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and backup procedures, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and improvements.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple SQL server environments with clustering and disaster recovery, to include Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting solutions.
- Extensive documentation of DBA procedures and work progress with respect to SAFe DevOps culture.
- Understand, write, and execute custom and third party SQL scripts.
- Execute, manage, and validate database server backups leveraging forward thinking concepts, processes, and technology that meet the organizations Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Responsible for operational management and implementation of upgrades and enhancements of the database environment supporting SCCM, SCOM and SharePoint databases.
- Troubleshoot techniques and analysis with SQL Server service outages and performance issues as they occur in real time.
- Responsible for the lifecycle of SQL performing routine SQL patch updates, applicable service packs, and new major versions as they are released.
- Be available and flexible for part of on-call support rotation.
- Understand Windows clustering technology to support various SQL clusters and SQL Always On Availability Groups.
- Experience using SRSS to provide reporting capability to meet customer needs
- The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both application managers and system users.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 4 years of database administration experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016 thru SQL 2019 to include installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance of Microsoft database technologies.
- Experience with MS SQL Server, data backups, data recovery, SSIS package and SQL stored procedure development and security fixes.
- Domain level technical knowledge to maintain databases, ensure recovery and provide patches on SQL databases.
- Strong T-SQL and SSIS development skills
- Experience working independently on technical database administration activities in support of a client on SQL databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience implementing a broad range of assignments requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- In-depth experience in performance tuning using instance and database level configuration, index and statistics maintenance, and fragmentation management
- Experience interfacing with senior management and clients on requirements and solutions.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security clearance
- Experience with Oracle DB and cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus.
- Demonstrated Working knowledge of Linux, Oracle, AWS, Azure, VMware vSphere (Virtualization Management), EMC Data Domain (Storage Management)
- Migration between instances and between on-prem to AWS and Azure environments
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) DevOps.
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs.
- Experience working in VmWare ESXi environments.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.