Leidos has openings for a Network Engineer for JRSS in Bahrain.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
- Assists with planned ASIs and routine network maintenance in adherence with DISA Change Management process.
- Provides engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network by installing and configuring network devices such as firewalls, routers, and security sensors to resolve incidents and maintain security posture in accordance with STIG guidelines.
- Perform system analysis of network and telecommunications alarms to identify potential issues and make recommendations to resolve and implement.
- Modify performance, availability, and security of the JRSS network architecture.
- Perform and resolves escalated trouble tickets from Tier I in accordance with GSM-O SLA and ALP metrics.
- Consult with DISA mission partners and DISA customers for the resolution of network based issues.
- Functioning as a liaison to DISA Watch Officers and DISA manager for updates and status of high priority trouble tickets and ASIs.
- Modifies network connectivity in a community based BGP architecture that leans heavily on VRF technologies and mBGP.
- Modify and test network protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, DMVPN, and HSRP.
- Configure routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and implementation of access control lists in different environments.
- Performs various types of routing and switching protocols (VPN, VRF, VLAN, BGP, and HSRP).
- Create and modify documents, network incidents and changes in accordance with the ITSM framework.
- Identification and documentation of network incidents, changes, and solutions, in accordance with the ITSM framework.
- Mentor work performed by Jr level engineer staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline with 4-8 years of overall related experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP, or equivalent) prior to start date.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
• Hands-on expertise with the following technologies: WAN IP routing protocols, IPsec, traffic shaping, firewalls (e.g. Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Juniper), IPS/IDS systems, load balancers, and/or WAN traffic acceleration.
• Proven expertise with networking protocols to include IPsec, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, and QoS.
• Proven technical hands-on experience working in an enterprise environment (static routes, VRFs, route maps, redistribution).
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, Local Area Network (LAN) maintenance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.