Leidos is looking for Problem Leads to support the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Military Health Services (MHS) Enterprise Information Technology Services Integrator (EITSI) program.
The DHA MHS EITSI program is a critical program to modernize, standardize and optimize the Defense Health Agency’s IT infrastructure by establishing an Enterprise IT Services (EITS) environment using a Multisourcing Services Integrator (MSI) approach.
The services integrator will manage the EITS environment and assist the government in providing oversight of the Service Providers (SPs) for the benefit of the DHA, MHS, and mission partners. The EITSI will provide independent end-to-end accountability through coordination and validation of IT services delivered by separately contracted SPs. The EITSI will also deliver Service Desk and Global Operations (Network Operations Center, Performance Management) services to DHA.
The IT infrastructure and operations framework will support a global data communications network, and enterprise services infrastructure, including data center(s), server hosting, and end-user platform capabilities enabling more than 150K military personnel to support the continuum of health services.
- Coordinate, standardize, and lead all ITIL problem management activities ensuring root cause and prevention is identified
- Proactively detect and prevent future problems/incidents and initiate the Problem Management process to allow quicker diagnosis and resolution.
- Prepare statistics, KPI and trend reports for use in the problem management process. Identify problems through the review and focus on optimizing processes.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to refine operating processes and procedures to deliver and restore service more efficiently.
- Coordinate, convene and facilitate major incident and problem review meetings.
- Ensure the problems progress through the Problem Management process in a timely and prioritized fashion.
- Create and deliver external content regarding service disruptions.
- Ensure that the problem management information reflects accurate errors and is complete.
- Develop trend analysis and prepare service improvement plans to address identified gaps.
- Ensure new and recurring incident resolution is addressed with urgency.
- Manage and maintain information stored in the problem database.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of product delivery and operations.
- Determine, track, and provide metrics concerning issues, problems, and work orders.
- Assist with design and management of an integrated Problem Management process across the Integrated Service Providers to reduce the recurrence of Incidents.
- Manage the life cycle of all Problems using the Government furnished SMS tools (ServiceNow).
- Assist with reducing the likelihood and impact of Incidents by identifying actual and potential causes of incidents and managing workarounds and known errors.
- Analyzes engineering, business, and other data processing problems to implement and improve computer systems.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Coordinates with architecture and engineering to analyze or recommend commercially available software for potential use to meet the organization's business requirements.
- Applies fundamental concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments.
- Performs work that requires practical experience and training.
- Monitors and reports on Number of users supported by user type, and Number of devices under management by device type.
- Monitors and reports on Number of Problems and number of formal RCA (EXSUM), and Number of known errors being managed.
- Provide the leadership to resolve technical, security and physical incidents.
- Training other staff members on troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Serve as an advisor to senior leadership regarding the technological aspects of the organization.
- Provide technical expertise to assist senior leadership in shaping and achieving the organization's strategic vision, operational and tactical goals.
- Level III performs more varied and difficult tasks compared to Level II.
- Requires Bachelor's degree
- 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience managing the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL framework (additional specific experience may be accepted in lieu of degree).
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Understanding of key ITSM processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, and Continual Service Improvement.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- ITIL v3 or ITIL 4 Foundation background.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or other like degree.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience managing direct employees and overseeing subcontractors including remote employees and teleworkers.
- Defense industry experience.
- IT Healthcare experience.
- Experience with ServiceNow or like ITSM Framework processes.
-Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
-ITIL 4 Foundation Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Solution Architect
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.