The Datalink Engineer at Kadena Air Base, Japan, will maintain network Tactical Data Link (TDL) equipment to support Link 11, Link 16, satellite Link 16, Joint Range Extension Application Protocol (JREAP) A/B/C, Situation Awareness Data Link (SADL), Integrated Broadcast Service (IBS), Joint Air Defense Systems Integrator (JADSI) and associated equipment, and required radar, and radio interfaces. The chosen candidate will be requested to provide technical support to other Joint Interface Control Cell (JICC)/Regional Interface Control Cell (RICC)/Sector Interface Control Cell (SICC) locations, and other deployed datalink nodes to include deployable Interface Control Cells (ICC) in the USPACOM AOR. This support will consist primarily of telephonic, chat, and email support to assist site personnel to troubleshoot and resolve local TDL issues. If the issue cannot be resolved and on-site support is required, the contractor will travel to the subject location. This position requires an active Secret clearance.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Plan and schedule TDL and related communications equipment installation and maintenance
- Setup, maintain and configure TDL equipment, interfaces and network connections to AEHF, HF, UHF, SATCOM communications systems and associated cryptographic equipment
- Initiate and conduct system network verification tests to assess the capability and effectiveness of the datalink network architecture and related communications systems and make recommendations to improve the overall network architecture
- Resolve installation and maintenance discrepancies using applicable directives, diagrams and installation systems records
- Install, configure, add and remove TDL hardware and software as required; make appropriate network architecture updates within system documentation.
- Perform system startups, reboots and shutdowns
- Develop preventive maintenance schedules and conduct periodic preventive maintenance
- Configure TDL man-machine and machine-machine network interfaces
- Report suspicious network activities identified through monitoring logs and audit files
- Apply network security patches as directed
- Provide technical support to JICC/RICC/SICC, other deployable datalink nodes, and deployable ICCs in the PACAF AOR. This support will consist primarily of telephonic, chat, and email support to assist site personnel to troubleshoot and resolve local TDL issues.
- Support network configuration management activities by maintaining and providing TDL architectural diagrams, equipment listings, software versioning and configuration information to each JICC/RICC/SICC upon request
- Monitor system performance and generate periodic summaries of system performance and usage
- Load new databases, reinitialize and reload databases as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 6 years’ experience or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree working with current datalink technologies (Link 11/16, JADSI, JRE, SADL, IBS)
- Secret Clearance required on day one
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.