Leidos is seeking an IT Specialist to support efforts for NGEN-R; supporting the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Leidos is seeking a mid-level IT Specialist to implement Agile practices as a Scrum Master across multiple product domains. The candidate will work with NGEN-R Engineers and Operations specialists, the domain Product Owners and Service Line Managers to maintain system operational capability and security while planning and implementing new capabilities and efficiencies in the product domains.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Adopt and apply SAFe Principles
- Embrace SAFe Core Values
- Implement SAFe practices
- Analyze and Select Appropriate SAFe Model
- Perform Scrum master responsibilities
- Be a team-based leader that exhibits Lean-Agile leadership
- Manage Agile Tools
- Perform backlog management in conjunction with Product Owner
- Plan, schedule and conduct Sprints
- Track team metrics, burn down, incident tickets, blockers and impediments throughout each iteration.
- Plan, schedule and conduct Agile meetings in Conjunction with Product Owner
- Daily Stand ups and Backlog refinement meetings
- Team retrospectives
- Analyze and report on product quality
- Create change and incident tickets and remove team impediments while working with cross-functional teams and architects
- Partner with Product Owners, Account Services Executive, Release Train Engineer and Service Line Managers to maintain the primary focus and Program Increment objectives
- Assist the agile teams with their iteration goals to demo and deploy features and stories.
- Participated in preparation for Agile Release Train events, including Program Increment onsite and virtual events, System and Team Demos and Inspect and Adapt meetings.
- Facilitate program-wide workshops on Agile best practices
- Lead multiple agile teams to evaluate their Team Agile Health Radar and facilitated the meetings using the AgilityHealth platform for areas of improvement
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- US Citizen
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and less than 2 years of related experience. Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Demonstrated experience operating in a Scaled Agile Framework environment
- Demonstrated experience managing the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL framework
- Ability work with team members to analyze and assess operational requirements and determine associated documentation requirements
- Demonstrated successful experience in systems documentation.
- Demonstrated successful experience in IT Enterprise Operations
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team autonomously; with little or no direct supervision
- Ability to work with teammates to resolve personnel conflicts positively while achieving assigned requirements
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts between team members and unmotivated organizational staff members to obtain required information
- PMP certified or Project management training
- Experience in Program transition execution
- Experience managing IT Operations
- Certifications: SAFe 5.0 Practitioner (SP) and Scrum Master Accredited Certification(SMAC), Certified Agility Health Facilitator (AHF), SAFe 5 Advanced Scrum Master Certification (SASM)ITIL v4 Fundamentals certificate or training
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.