The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a BIM (Building Information Modeling) Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s Computer Aided Engineering Graphics (CAEG) Program. The CAEG Program Office establishes and maintains the database for all engineering drawings and documents related to NAS facilities, equipment, and systems. It also manages physical hardware assets at 12 distinct locations across the NAS and serves a user community of over 5000 active stakeholders.
The CAEG Program additionally acquires and provides the engineering and data analysis support tools (licensed commercial-off-the-shelf and internally developed software packages) for efficient creation, modification, and work process management of engineering design drawings. The Program develops and provides the related training, policy, guidance and support for CAEG system stakeholders.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- The ideal candidate will support the CAEG Program Office (PO) and the Terminal Replace project in the areas of 3D modeling, CAD (Computer Aided Design) drafting, drawing and model management, compliance with CAD and BIM standards, and review of models and drawings.
- The candidate will serve as a BIM/CAD Subject Matter Expert, as part of the NISC team, and support the Terminal Replace program and CAEG PO by reviewing drawing and model submissions provided by AE firms, advising the FAA on means and methods, researching new technologies and exploring integrated solutions.
- The position will require daily interactions with the FAA customers and the NISC IV team.
We are seeking an individual to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as project schedule, process auditing and risk management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- AutoDesk Revit Certified Professional, with 5-10 years of Revit experience in a multidisciplinary office environment. Direct experience with Revit v2019 or newer is preferred.
- 5 years of experience coordinating model production and associated 2D CAD drafting.
- Experience reviewing models and model files for compliance with agency and AIA BIM standards, policies, guidelines, and workflows.
- Ability to set up project structure, directories, schedules and libraries for BIM projects; Ability to set up templates, seed files, workspaces, and methodologies to manage the information contained within models and drawings.
- Experience setting up and managing configuration of model files for projects.
- Experience setting up BIM execution and implementation plans for new design and construction projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture OR Civil Engineering OR Engineering and 5+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
Additional Attributes That Will Help Ensure Success:
- Ability to stay up-to-date on emerging BIM trends in order to evaluate and recommend new and existing tools and solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency using PDF tools (Bluebeam, Adobe).
- Ability to thrive in a remote/virtual work environment.
Preferred Skills (Desired):
- Master’s degree in Architecture or Civil Engineering.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks and Dynamo.
- Experience with ProjectWise and administration of ProjectWise.
- Experience drafting BIM and CAD standards.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.