Deputy Program Manager
Leidos is looking for a Deputy Program Manager for business and administration to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows Earned Value Management along with DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new 5 year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
Leidos is looking for a Deputy Program Manager with exceptional communication skills, keen attention to detail, and a strong focus on employees for a role that requires close collaboration with the operational and functional organizations of a large scale technical program and workforce. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: supporting financial performance; ensuring work requirements are clearly understood and communicated; accurately tracking status against customer and corporate requirements including Earned Value reporting; identifying and leveraging resources to meet program needs; hiring, developing, rewarding, and retaining talent; preparing and presenting briefings on program performance; responding to frequent customer and company data calls; and preparing program documentation and deliverables including ECPs and ROMs. The selected candidate will be responsible for reviewing and providing feedback on performance measurement criteria based on contractual documents provided by the customer, and will be responsible for tracking, addressing, and resolving administrative and business issues within the program.
- Oversee all administrative and business functions of the program to include Contracts, Subcontracts, Earned Value, Finance, Staffing, and Security
- Serve as a Point of Contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and company senior management through the executive level
- Lead program operations during Program Manager’s (PM) absence or while PM is responding to other program priorities
- Maintain full awareness of program activities and provide communications between staff and Government as a secondary program Point of Contact
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to ensure successful achievement of all key performance indicators and annual operating plan commitments
- Provide oversight of program staffing requirements, working with Staffing and Program Coordinators to support efficient hiring and onboarding
- Manage organizational compliance with contractual requirements, Statement of Work and Leidos policies and procedures
- Identify and lead employee engagement activities to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Provide operational oversight and coaching to front line leaders, to include mentoring and developing of staff, and succession planning for the program
- Serve as Control Account Manager (CAM) of the Leidos Program Management Office account
- Lead and support customer and internal meetings, inclusive of agenda development and management
- Prepare program reporting materials to include IPR, WSR, PMR, IPMR, and other formal review material to be presented to Senior Leadership and the Government PMO
- Actively engage with functional support teams to ensure customer and Leidos requirements are met
- Work with highly technical teams to report status and assist with other support tasks
- Coordinate the preparation of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and support business development activities as they pertain to the program
- Review and approve Earned Value, Estimate To Complete, Funds and Man-Hour Expenditure Reports, and other financial reports as appropriate
- Effectively communicate and manage assignment progress to meet deadlines
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Contribute to, review, and ensure on-time delivery of Program Management CDRL deliverables
- Provide input to the Award Fee reviews as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have a PMP, FAC-P/PM Mid-Level, or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) Level 2 certification in Program Management
- At least ten (10) years of experience as a Program or Project Manager, managing programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- At least one (1) year of demonstrated experience in the management and control of funds and resources using complex reporting mechanisms such as Earned Value Management
- Must possess experience managing complex, multi-task programs with annual revenue of at least $50M
- Must have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, and schedule and financial data monitoring
- Must have leadership experience managing direct reports as well as functional staff
- Must have experience managing multiple subcontractors/teammates
- Must have experience managing a diverse workforce located at multiple locations in CONUS
- Must have the ability to use sound judgment in problem solving and must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Must have the ability to coordinate activities at multiple sites and resolve complex issues across multiple sites, both pre-planned and last minute
- Must have the ability to successfully manage multiple significant issues and tasks simultaneously, and must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and pro-actively take initiative when issues arise
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) agile methodology
- Experience executing Earned Value Management on a program
- Five (5) years of experience in large scale software development and hardware integration programs
- Two (2) years of experience working within an Agile environment or program
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.