Leidos has an opening for a Network Architect Engineer to join our team at the Washington Navy Yard, DC supporting the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) Program.
The Position involves knowledge of network communications, design, architecture, security controls and configuration.
Candidates should possess a design and administrator level understanding of enterprise networking architecture/management, troubleshooting, as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation and configuration management policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have a key role supporting command and control mission planning software integration, testing, Fleet activities and system installations for the program.
The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and mission-focused environment is a must.
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as a Network Architect Engineer on a team responsible for design, development and integration of current and future TMPC network architectures.
- Define TMPC configuration baselines and versioning; initiate and conduct studies that examine upgrades and changes to the TMPC system and communications infrastructure.
- Provide network engineering knowledge and skills to support everyday network operations, integration/installation and test and evaluation activities.
- Perform detailed maintenance and troubleshooting using a thorough grasp of network architecture, networking hardware, protocols and routing and switching.
- Support and develop network design reviews mainly focused on cybersecurity requirements and security controls.
- Coordinate and recommend network upgrades and maintenance activities with TMPC build and installation plans.
- Perform daily monitoring (health and status) of system nodes.
- Experience with Standard network devices including Cisco IOS, Juniper OS.
- Ability to travel 25% including OCONUS and possible brief periods underway onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Currently possess an active Top Secret clearance and ability to be approved for a TS/SCI
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications: Comp TIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science or relevant field, BSEE, BSSE or comparable experience with 6+ years of overall related experience. Relevant military experience along with certifications other training may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with DoD network communications.
- IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1 m.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.