This role requires an experienced Agile Release Train Engineer to servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the team in delivering value. The RTE also serves as a project engineer/project manager over the ART and focus on ensuring the ART’s Feature commitments are met. This includes working with the teams to determine if teams will complete the Features, understand why something might not complete and help mitigate issues preventing Features from completing. Finally, this role facilitates horizontal and vertical communication across teams to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans as needed.
- Coaching teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Project/Program leaders in agile practices
- Facilitating team agile events: Sprint Planning, Retro, Planning, etc
- Tracking and resolving impediments / blockers that are brought up by the scrum masters.
- Managing and mitigating risk and d opportunities associated with effective develop and execution, to include deconflicting and prioritizing tasks.
- Assisting in coordination with external segments as needed
- Facilitating System Demos
- Driving improvement in Release Train
- Assisting with tracking execution of features
- Working with Product Management to ensure development strategy and product execution align
- Encouraging collaboration between teams
- Facilitating progress toward team goals
- Promoting and facilitating continuous team improvement (technical, interpersonal)
- Ensuring scrum practices are followed (Time Logging, Comments, WIP limits)
- Regular and consistent communication and coordination with and between stakeholders and teams.
- Collaborating with Product Stakeholders to meet mission goals.
- Commitment to continuous improvement of product, process and the team
- Significant experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Significant experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Must have significant experience working within SAFe and Agile frameworks specifically as a Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Experience leading teams through the delivery of capabilities (software development or infrastructure modernization) using agile methodologies
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Must have a BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- SAFe Agilest Certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification
- Project Management Skills
- Jira collaboration tools experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.