Leidos CIO Services Computing Resources is seeking an enterprise level Dev Ops Administrator with deep experience deploying, operating, maintaining and supporting Windows / Linux Servers (On-prem and Cloud hosted ) and serverless architecture technologies (containers, lambda, etc). In this role, you will focus on identifying, assessing, and developing script-based automation to help standardize and streamline IT administrative tasks and processes. Scripting and Automation experience is a critical requirement for the position.
You will bring together agile software development methodologies and best practice, IT operations workflows, business processes, and good security practices with a modern toolset to help develop, integrate, and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC) using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation life cycle.
We are looking for a candidate with the ability to work well in a distributed team agile environment, highly ethical, trustworthy, and reliable. You should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to offer high levels of service to our customers, staff and management.
- Test and improve Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
- Provision, operation, and maintenance of both traditional Windows / Linux Servers (On-prem and Cloud hosted ) and serverless architecture technologies (containers, lambda, etc).
- Utilize Ansible and Gitlab to script / automate our re-occurring technical tasks .
- Operation and maintenance of Middleware Application Servers and Web Server technologies.
- Work with DBA team to troubleshoot database connectivity issues (Oracle, MSSQL, MYSQL).
- Troubleshoot network connection issues using network tools and enterprise logging tools.
- Provide high-level technical assistance to application development teams with deployments and troubleshooting web services.
- Coordinate with VMware team / Storage team on additional disk, CPU, Memory requests.
- Work with Application and Engineering team on projects and initiatives.
- Manage Share Permissions/AD group management. Function within and inter-disciplinary agile team environment of Epics, features, stories, etc.
- Maintain / patch software applications, middleware and Windows OS.
- Operate and maintain Xerox inventory including CMMC security requirements.
- Develop documentation as necessary for knowledge sharing within team On Call availability
- Promote and help create automated testing, transparency in code, and secure coding practices to ensure the reliability, dependability, and compliance of scripted and automated solutions deployed into production environments.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience in administering and optimizing Windows OS Servers including 3+ years of experience with Middleware technologies. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- At least 2 years of experience with end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern languages (i.e. PowerShell, Python) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-level systems, applications, and services in a multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc.) information system.
- Able to utilize our ServiceNow system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures are critical.
- Experience and knowledge of Git and Ansible tower.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows based operating systems, services, and applications (i.e. AD, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server) in production enterprise environments.
- Experience actively performing code/script design, writing, testing, troubleshooting, optimization, deployment, improvement, and documentation.
- Hands-on experience incorporating recognized best practices into code/script development, including but not limited to the areas of code generation, comments, logging, error checking and handling, remote execution, multi-threading, reports, and notifications.
- Experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. government information assurance and security standards, such as DISA Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs).
- Must have experience scripting with Microsoft PowerShell.
- Demonstrated ability to capture, analyze, and decompose stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to design valuable solutions for a production environment which take into account technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraints.
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal clearance.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and running IT process automation (or orchestration) using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Calm, or Azure DevOps
- Experience using data-oriented and markup languages (i.e. XML, JSON, YAML)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (i.e. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud )
- Experience with at least one programming language (i.e. C#, Java)
- Experience with source/version control systems (i.e. Azure DevOps, Git, GitHub)
- Familiarity with containers and container management (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience scripting with Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Working knowledge of encryption technologies (SSL/TLS, PKI) in both Windows and Java including installation and management of security certificates and trust stores
- Familiarity with REST-API
- Experience with administration of one or more application servers such as Oracle Weblogic
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.