Leidos is looking for a creative and experienced Senior Graphic Designer to support our Communications Services contract onsite at the Department of Justice’s Office of Justice Programs (OJP) Office of Communications.
This candidate will provide overall coordination and graphic design for branding, brand awareness/campaigns and design guidelines for the Office of Justice Programs. Will work closely with Office of Justice Program’s leadership to produce a consistent creative brand for the office.
As part of the Leidos team, you will work with an experienced group of communications professionals who are dedicated to supporting our government clients. If you are interested in working with experts in graphic design and multimedia, have a desire to be part of an innovative and creative communications team, and want the opportunity to take on challenging and interesting projects, this job is for you. At Leidos, you will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
At Leidos, we value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
- Works directly with clients to manage and implement graphic design and promotion projects and campaigns, and explore new means of presenting visual information to communicate sensitive, sometimes controversial topics.
- Independently researches, plans, writes, and produces visual information products for diverse internal and external audiences.
- Drives brand consistency across multiple OJP components; helps develop branding and design guidelines and templates.
Please Note: This position is provided workspace at the government facility near the Chinatown/Gallery Place Metro Station and will work onsite at least part-time as necessary to accomplish the assigned tasks.
- Exhibit expert visual communication, narrative storytelling, creative design skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in graphic design, illustration (e.g., for social media, websites), motion graphics, and building dynamic and static infographics.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Cloud Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Have a basic understanding of After Effects and Premiere.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Broadcast Journalism, Video Production, OR related relevant field from an accredited college may be considered/accepted OR university and 8 years of related experience OR a Master’s degree and 6 years of related experience performing branding and graphic design activities.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Visual and Graphic Design
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.