The Leidos NISC IV program is looking for a Data Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s Computer Aided Engineering Graphics (CAEG) Program.
The CAEG Program Office establishes and maintains the database for all engineering drawings and documents related to NAS facilities, equipment, and systems. It also manages physical hardware assets at 12 distinct locations across the NAS and serves a user community of over 5000 active stakeholders.
The CAEG Program additionally acquires and provides the engineering and data analysis support tools (licensed commercial-off-the-shelf and internally developed software packages) for efficient creation, modification, and work process management of engineering design drawings. The Program develops and provides the related training, policy, guidance and support for CAEG system stakeholders.
The responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- The candidate will support the CAEG Program Office (PO), the Program Manager, and the NISC Team with the coordination, development, and continuous improvement of CAEG PO training initiatives.
- Will also work to deliver metrics and statistical data that supports the CAEG PO’s numerous projects and initiatives.
- Able to handle multiple mission critical projects, coordination of training across all FAA Service Areas in differing formats (In-Person, Instructor-Led Virtual, Online Self-Paced), tracking and development of metrics, coordinate with customers and stakeholders, and handle communication.
We are seeking an individual to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth. In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as project schedule, process auditing and risk management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of relevant experience OR Master’s with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR 5+ additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple tasks and data associated with them.
- Experience participating in meetings to discuss project execution, schedules, technical performance, and providing recommendations for improvements, as appropriate.
- Experience coordinating the content development and execution of training to large organizations in varied formats (In-Person, Instructor-Led Virtual, Online Self-Paced).
- Have experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) to track and monitor employee training progress and completion rates.
- Working experience using data analytics software (e.g., Tableau) to track and monitor project and training metrics.
- Experience designing and preparing briefings and special presentations, and assisting in the creation of customized or special graphics, reports, and charts, to enhance communication effectiveness and mission support.
- Experience in organizing and gathering data, conducting analysis, preparing reports and organized documentation without assistance.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust security clearance.
Additional Attributes That Will Help Ensure Success:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research on specified topics in order to draw and present conclusions in a logical and concise manner.
- Able to work as a part of a specialized team that handles various aspects of CAD, BIM, drafting, Document Management and other systems and solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a remote/virtual work environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience utilizing Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: Tableau Analytics Platform, utilizing ADDIE instructional design methodology, Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Management (BIM) tools.
- Master’s degree.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.