The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Power / Electrical Engineer to support the FAA Power Services Group by providing both electrical engineering support and program analysis for the Batteries and/or the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) programs.
In this role you will be called upon to conduct design reviews of complex electrical/electronic systems, components, and equipment associated with the modernization, expansion and upgrade of complex electrical, electronics and visual aids system within the National Air Space.
Electrical power systems may include combinations of more than one source of commercial power, batteries, power conditioning systems, uninterruptible power systems and complex switching and monitoring systems.
Duties for the position include:
- Program analysis duties, to include reviewing and updating the FAA Corporate Work Plan with project identification.
- Origination, validation, assessments, and scheduling requirements of the programs.
- Ensuring all scheduling, financial and other related applications are in agreement.
- BS degree in project management or related discipline.
- 4+ years’ experience in project management, preferably related to power systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel knowledge
- Ability to support clients and senior engineers in designs, reviews, red-lines/changes, processes, cost determinations, schedule and technical impact of changes
- Ability to ensure designs or changes are in compliance with applicable government and industry standards.
- Ability to maintain documentation on projects including design notes, design calculations, work logs, vendor contacts and other documentation
- Ability to represent clients in meeting and other activities dealing with both inside and outside the department
- Ability to work well with engineering and management staffs, including external organizations to ensure timely follow up and on-time project completions.
- Familiarity with FAA and industry standards with regards to Backup Power System designs
- Strong communications skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.