The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Elasticsearch Engineer, to play key role with the design, deployment, configuration, and optimization of the Elasticsearch storage layer for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) in our Reston, VA office. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Elasticsearch rests at the core of the system and we want you to help us push it to the extreme to exceed system and customer expectations!
• Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes
• Deploy, configure, test and troubleshoot Elastic clusters and environments
• Maintain and upgrade Elastic clusters and environments
• Perform daily performance monitoring for Elasticsearch clusters and environments
• Create and analyze performance metrics
• Plan resources and continuously optimize the infrastructure and configuration of Elasticsearch to ensure a healthy and high-performance production deployment
• Participate in engineering design sessions to understand dependencies and interactions with Elastic clusters
• Participate in daily scrums and program increment planning sessions
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6 years of relevant experience
• Possess a DoD TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI with Poly
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing Elasticsearch infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing large Elasticsearch clusters, developing solutions for indexing heterogeneous datasets and searching/analyzing indexed data
• Experience with monitoring Elasticsearch cluster health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
• Experience with Elasticsearch mapping & its optimization for performance
• Experience with Elasticsearch Query DSL
• Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience with scaling Elasticsearch clusters to meet growth
• Experience with Elasticsearch Query Optimization
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
• Experience with Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
• Elastic Certified Engineer
• Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
• Experience with Python, JSON, or Java
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.