The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Elasticsearch Engineer, to play key role with the design, deployment, configuration, and optimization of the Elasticsearch storage layer for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) in our Reston, VA office. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Elasticsearch rests at the core of the system and we want you to help us push it to the extreme to exceed system and customer expectations!
• Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes
• Deploy, configure, test and troubleshoot Elastic clusters and environments
• Maintain and upgrade Elastic clusters and environments
• Perform daily performance monitoring for Elasticsearch clusters and environments
• Create and analyze performance metrics
• Plan resources and continuously optimize the infrastructure and configuration of Elasticsearch to ensure a healthy and high-performance production deployment
• Participate in engineering design sessions to understand dependencies and interactions with Elastic clusters
• Participate in daily scrums and program increment planning sessions
• Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6 years of relevant experience
• Possess a DoD TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI with Poly
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing Elasticsearch infrastructure environments, performance tuning, managing large Elasticsearch clusters, developing solutions for indexing heterogeneous datasets and searching/analyzing indexed data
• Experience with monitoring Elasticsearch cluster health and developing solutions to mitigate risks of performance and Service-level Agreements (SLAs)
• Experience with Elasticsearch mapping & its optimization for performance
• Experience with Elasticsearch Query DSL
• Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience with scaling Elasticsearch clusters to meet growth
• Experience with Elasticsearch Query Optimization
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
• Experience with Kibana in developing visualizations/dashboards and conducting analyses
• Elastic Certified Engineer
• Experience with other database systems (Relational / Graph / NoSQL) and data models
• Experience with Python, JSON, or Java
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.