Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next User Engagement Specialist on the state-of-the-art DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to the National Media Exploitation Center and Defense and Intelligence Community partners, enabling access and discovery to raw Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) data.
As a User Engagement Specialist, you will work collaboratively with data scientists, technologists, and program leadership with a focus on the following task areas:
• Develop as a D3P power user identifying critical intelligence insights.
• Be a liaison between NMEC’s D3P program and the Intelligence Community through customer outreach and engagement to provide system familiarization and support ad hoc analysis requests from IC and Law Enforcement members.
• Engage with users and build professional relationships to create a positive culture in which users are enabled to use novel technologies to discover, retrieve, and use DOMEX data in finished intelligence products.
• Identify and pursue opportunities that foster program prominence and visibility leading to increased user adoption of the D3P and use of DOMEX data.
• Create and/or contribute to the creation of materials to support User Engagements and developing User familiarization and skills.
• Conduct application specific training for individuals and groups; occasionally providing demonstrations of system capabilities to various areas and levels of the Intelligence Community.
• Document and communicate new requirements gathered from user engagements to the D3P development teams.
• Collaborate on a regular basis with all areas of the program, such as UI/UX designers, developers, integrators, and testers.
• Provide subject matter expertise to help Military and IC members discover, retrieve, and apply DOMEX data to solve intelligence problems and support operations.
• Work with analysts from across the entire Intelligence Community.
• Be part of an innovative program creating and applying technology to solve complex problems.
To be successful in this role you need these skills (required):
• Bachelors Degree and 8 years of experience. Directly related experience in the military as an intelligence analyst may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience working across the Intelligence Community and Law Enforcement Agencies. Big 3 letter agency experience a plus.
• Knowledge of, and interest in, current Science and Technology national security issues (counter proliferation, WMD, cyber, technology transfer, weapons platforms)
• Working in a multi-domain/multi-int team environment to solve complex national security issues
• Active TS clearance and must be able to achieve a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• You enjoy and are able to perform well in a “start-up” environment to support real-world National Security missions.
• The ability to manage personal workload and complete tasks early or on time.
• You enjoy and excel at solving complex problems.
• You exercise good professional judgement that results in building relationships and negating or resolving problems.
• The ability to understand and anticipate second and third order effects that result from user engagements and personal decisions.
• You are experienced and comfortable directly engaging with Senior Executive Service civilians and equivalent Military ranks.
• Experience working with, or as, an all-source intelligence analyst to provide intelligence support to mission users.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated (no joke, you must be self-motivated), creative, and organized
You will wow us even more if you have these skills
• Experience providing technical training on use of IC tools or technologies.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience using Elasticsearch / Kibana or data visualization software (Tableau, ArcGIS, Analyst Notebook).
• Data analytics experience.
• Ability to learn and understand the underlying technologies of the D3P and explain it to users in relevant examples and understandable term.
• Big Power Competition: Russia, China Iran and North Korea experience
• Able to clarify and accomplish tasks under limited supervision.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
• Key technical skills include a high proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Sharepoint, Atlassian Products (Jira and confluence)
• Prior Military Service and/or Intelligence Community experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.