The Electronic Warfare Division of the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an opening for a CUDA Software Developer in Bowie, MD. The candidate is responsible for development of sensor system software using the CUDA compute platform programming model with application programming interfaces to other mission-based systems.
We’re looking for an experienced developer with solid software programming skills who is familiar with agile development techniques and interested in both hands-on development and technical leadership responsibilities. Experience with RF sensors is a plus.
• Development of new software components (CUDA and C/C++) to support mission-based systems
• Recommend new solutions to meet the evolving mission software requirements
• Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities
• Working with team members in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines
• Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity
• Assist in the maintenance and upgrade of existing software applications
• Support existing components to include the troubleshooting of fielded systems in operational environments
• DOD SECRET Clearance with the most recent reinvestigation within the previous six years
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering and more than 8+ years of applicable software design and development work experience, and 3+ years of CUDA programming
• Experience with NVIDIA GPUs and CUDA Toolkit
• Demonstrated hands-on development experience with C/C++ programming languages
• Experience designing, implementing, and testing software for multi-core systems running Linux
• Experience with common build tools and products such as Make & Autotools
• Experience using version control (Subversion (SVN), GIT, etc.) for source code management
• Experience with producing software builds & releases using a combination of above-mentioned tool suites
• Experience with software lifecycle from requirements specification through design, implementation, and testing
• Ability to analyze software systems and modules to resolve issues with functionality and/or performance
In addition to the required skill list above, the ideal candidate will have some level of familiarity with one or more of the following skills
• Experience with other programming languages such as Java
• Basic understanding of Cyber Security as it relates to the Software Deployment Life Cycle
• Experience with common programming languages used in the management and configuration of build infrastructures such as Bash, Python, XML, etc.
• Experience with transport layer protocols, and networking
• Experience with CentOS 6 and 7 preferred
• Experience with Boost C++ Libraries, TCP/IP and UDP sockets
• Ability to support integration of, and transition to new hardware and software systems, and generate related documentation
While familiarity with the desired skills is preferred, it is not required and the candidate will have the opportunity to branch into these areas during the course of their duties.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.