Leidos is looking for a Video Production Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the artistic creation and technical implementation of the necessary elements to create video projects that incorporate sound adult learning principles. The Video Production Specialist will oversee task completion to facilitate adult learning. In collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs) and other team members, the Video Production Specialist will facilitate and execute a full range of pre-production and postproduction duties, including developing original scripts and storyboards; managing client and team resources; establishing team schedules; incorporating graphic elements and sound; and videotaping and editing finished multimedia products. These products are delivered on a variety of platforms, including classroom audio/visual systems, enterprise learning systems, DVDs, mobile devices, and web.
The Video Production Specialist may also be called on to repurpose video provided by instructors so must be familiar with many different file forms, compression systems, and production platforms including, but not limited to, classroom interactive whiteboards, DVDs, CDs, websites, mobile devices, and enterprise learning systems
- Adhere to customer security policies and procedures regarding the use of customer systems, equipment, facilities, and infrastructure.
- Execute diplomacy when working with team members, managers, and customers to identify requirements, develop action plans, and lead video production shoots.
- Track, communicate, and manage all tasks and projects to ensure all assigned tasks are completed on or before the established due date.
- Work with customers and other team members to coordinate resources, prioritize activities, and ensure quality and timely products.
- Work cross functionally with other functional elements, such as instructors and SMEs, as well as IT, video specialists, and production teams, to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Make equipment and software recommendations based on industry best practice and in accordance with customer policies and procedures.
- Archive final projects in accordance with office designated standards.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze client requirements to implement an integrated solution utilizing camera operation and shot composition, elements from the Adobe creative suite or other compositing packages, an industry standard digital nonlinear editing system, and an appropriate format for a range of delivery platforms to provide a finished video production.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Degree in Video Production or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in finished video production including compositing, editing, lighting, and camera in pre-production, production and post-production activities.
- Demonstrated experience operating a diverse range of multimedia, electronic authoring and development tools, and software and platforms for the delivery of products.
- Demonstrated experience using a project tracking mechanism to communicate, coordinate, prioritize, and complete projects on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and communicate project status, interdependencies, and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment across multiple disciplines and promote collaboration, cooperation, networking, and customer service.
- Communication skills in visual, oral, and written form to explain options, recommendations, and rationale to decision makers and stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher.
- Familiarity with Copyright and ADA 508 compliance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.