The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division at Leidos is seeking a talented Software Test Engineer in our Huntsville Alabama office. The position will involve supporting Agile software development testing activities for the UASGCSv4 within the Defense Group. The candidate will be expected to contribute to software testing, model based engineering, and integration activities as well as other test-related duties as assigned. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate- Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI). In support of this program your position as a Software Test Engineer will be to support US Army programs located in Huntsville Alabama.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Perform unit, component, and software integration tests on mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
Lead portions of software integration lab, hardware integration lab, ground and flight testing to validate software
Document and communicate test findings with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
Stay up-to-date on the latest software and flight testing methodologies
Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skill-sets
Conduct testing on software solutions that meet FACE 3.0 and UCS version 3.4 conformance
Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
Oversee and be accountable for important tasks related to the software development testing activities
Provide technical leadership for test team
Responsible for the analysis of software and systems, mitigate risk and prevent software issues
- Completion of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with at least 8 years of experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science with at least 6 years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with testing STANAG 4586, Ground Control Station software, and hardware-in-the-loop environment
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, or C#
- Experience in a high paced software development team supporting large DoD programs
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with software safety criticality mapping
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with systems using Data Distribution Bus (DDS)
- Experience with bash and shell scripting
- Experience with test automation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.