Leidos is seeking Network Specialist to support Leidos’s contract with the IRS NMCC located at the New Carrollton Federal Building (NCFB) in Lanham MD. Leidos is under contract to provide Level 3 support, maintenance and operation of the IRS networks that include large scale data, voice, video and wireless networks.
Available and reliable networks are essential for the IRS to deliver its mission; “Provide America's taxpayers top quality service by helping them understand and meet their tax responsibilities and enforce the law with integrity and fairness to all.” Proper operation and network capacity allows the IRS to process millions of returns and issue billions of dollars in refunds each year.
The Network Specialist must be well versed is network architectures and components. The Network Specialist will work with other Network Engineers, IT Specialists, and others to plan, implement, configure, troubleshoot, produce reports, provide analysis of data, administer the IRS network and provide any necessary training. The Network Specialist must be able to work with very little supervision in a highly dynamic and innovative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject.
- At least 5 years total network management experience operating, maintaining and updating Cisco router and switches to ensure they are kept up to date ensuring proper operations are maintained. This includes adding or deleting sites and or network devices, making configuration changes, upgrading Operating Systems, at a minimum.
- At least 5 years of engineering level network support that includes knowledge of:
- Multi-Protocol Labeling Switched Networks
- PLS and SIP
- Protocol analyzers
- Fast Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Demonstrate that security policies/GSP/IRM mandates were met/implemented correctly on network devices, best practices were implemented, new technologies deployed to meet customer needs, software levels were maintained, and global configurations were managed and updated.
- At least 5 years’ experience with supporting a large scale government network.
- Experience using the Microsoft office suite of tools including Office 2007 or newer.
- Experience with the ITIL V3 IT Lifecycle Management Framework.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully leading a mid-size system implementation project.
- Engineering experience with Wireless Networks
- At least 2 years’ experience with Aruba wireless infrastructure
- Firm knowledge of Aruba Access point/authentication, and device management technologies and processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or closely with other developers with minimal guidance.
- At least one of the following appropriate certificates must be active and provided to Leidos upon candidate submission.
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Data certification or higher
- An Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Wireless certification or higher
- ITIL v3 Certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.