The Airborne Solution Group (ASO) at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Technology Engineer to work at our Bridgewater, VA office. The candidate is responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of IT systems in support of multiple customer programs. The candidate will be responsible for engineering, configuring, and maintaining the information systems.
- Engineer, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot internal and external networks to include encryptors, firewalls, routers and switches
- Engineer, monitor, manage, and troubleshoot the VMware virtual environment to include VMware Horizon
- Engineer, monitor, and manage storage appliances and ability to help troubleshoot issues with phone support
- Research, implement, monitor, manage, patch, and troubleshoot various Microsoft products
- Research, implement, and troubleshoot active directory, group policy, and DNS
- Monitor and run pre-made queries in various types of databases
- Research, test, and update software to fix vulnerabilities, bugs, and user issues
- Review logs and vulnerabilities, identify potential issues, and engineer solutions to remediate or mitigate these issues
- Support remote teams in a tier 3 capacity on subjects such as networking, operating systems, data storage
- Travel to remote sites to fill open personnel slots when needed
- Effectively communicate hardware and software issues with end user’s and customers
- Create documentation on new technologies, how to implement updates and/or enclave expansions
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience in one of these areas: Networking, VMware, or Microsoft servers. Additional 4 years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree
- Security+ must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment.
- A second additional professional certification must be obtained within the first 6 months of employment. i.e. Cisco, VMware, Microsoft
- Ability to identify issues and research fixes
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs and how to implement hardening to various technologies
- Strong desire to grow and learn new technologies
- Be willing to relocate to our Bridgewater, VA office
- Be able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally
- Be willing to travel to remote sites to include some “hazardous and hardship” locations
- If required must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to acquire a secret security clearance
- Professional certifications i.e. Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, CompTIA
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.