Ready for your next career step? We have an immediate opening for a Software Developer with 2-4 years hands-on experience to develop customer-focused solutions designed to increase the speed, efficiency and productivity of many common GIS workflows. Solutions generally in the form of extensions to ESRI’s ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro products. Position offers Relocation Assistance and Sign-on bonus for candidates seeking to grow their career in Chantilly, VA
- Design and develop GIS software solutions both independently and as a member of a team.
- Document designs.
- Complete assigned development tasks, bugs, improvements, and features.
- Help determine requirements for new products and new release versions.
- Provide technical assistance to customer support personal.
- Work with developers, testers, software installers, and product technical writers to produce high-quality professional products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and 2-4 years related industry experience.
- Familiarity executing Agile programs
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines to automate the testing and deployment of software
- Familiarity with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET 3.5+, Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) architectural pattern, Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML), REST API’s, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- BS in a technical field of study, with coursework including GIS.
- Knowledge of GIS products and processes
- GIS development experience. Ideally with ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap using ArcObjects, or other ESRI products
- Experience with software development tools such as: Subversion, Perforce, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, ReSharper
- Experience with automated software testing using TestComplete.
- Experience creating software installs with InstallShield.
- Active Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $84,000.00 - $113,400.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.