We are motivated to hire! Relocation assistance and Sign-on bonus are available to candidates seeking to grow their career in Orlando, FL.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Lead Software Engineer.
In this role you will work in partnership with the Program Manager and Chief Architect to oversee all program software development. You will lead a team of 10-15+ software engineers through the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, code and unit test, and hardware/software integration for Virtual Simulation Training programs. You will also use your software expertise to solve challenges related to interfacing & controlling hardware with software, such as virtual simulation devices & controllers or robotic engineering software controls.
- Lead team in agile processes and SecDevOps best practices, including sprint planning & execution
- Communicating software progress in Agile and/or Waterfall processes with all stakeholders
- Work closely with other engineers, hardware, test, production to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers
- Lead software development team responsible to compose, enhance, debug, deliver and document all major components and procedures for Virtual Simulation Training programs.
- Experience serving as a technical lead with a large software development team (15-20 developers) comprised of smaller, product focused teams.
- Experience in Agile Development, continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) methodologies and DevOps tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Git, Confluence
- Experience building software products that integrate directly into/with newly designed hardware.
- Experience leading teams building real time software, e.g., where results must calculate at 60/30/15 Hz frame rates or the results are thrown out.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Solid hands on experience with C++ and JAVA.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and management to include presentation and experience discussing resources
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12 years of software engineering experience or a Masters with 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Must be able to work well in a distributed, remote team as well as working directly on simulation system hardware when necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work to a predetermined sprint schedule and to specific customer requirements.
- Ability to execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of continuous integration, delivery, and automated test tools such as Jenkins, JUnit & Selenium
- Experience with deploying software to disconnected, networked target hardware
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including virtual machines.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification (e.g. Certified SAFe Agilist) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Current cybersecurity, cloud, and network product certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCNE, AWS)
- Active DoD security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.