Leidos is looking for a System Engineer with Systems Administration experience and some Software Engineering experience to join a high performing agile team using Agile methodology providing system and software engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. Also requires maintenance of legacy IT systems and services.
The selected individual will provide hands on system and software engineering and systems administration support for a complex network environment that are locally and with geographically distributed components. He/she will interface with system and software integration engineers, test engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members in an Agile environment. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks. He/she will collaborate with other program technical professionals on a day-to-day basis and will be an active participant in program increment planning and related agile team activities. Assist with hardware and software troubleshooting, maintenance, Virtual environment stand ups, and patch installations. Be flexible enough to learn new practices and apply them as needed. Be able to assist development team with code development by learning best code practices and standards as needed.
• Must be capable of performing systems and software engineering activities in support of agile teams.
• Must be familiar with secure systems engineering and development.
• Must be familiar with systems administration roles and functions.
• Must be familiar with LINUX and WINDOWS environments.
• Must be comfortable working on multiple systems simultaneously.
• Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
• Must be able to communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
• Must be comfortable working both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
• Familiar with a major programming language such as python, or java. Must be able to assist development team in writing code.
• Familiar with shell scripting.
• US Citizenship and a Top Secret Clearance is required for this position
• BS and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience.
• Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
• Familiar with VM ware and Docker environments
• Top Secret Clearance
• 10 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
• Software development or shell scripting experience.
• System Administration experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.