Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Program Director who will serve as the Program Manager on an endpoint engineering and infrastructure engineering support services program supporting the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in the Rockville, MD area while also actively leading, participating in or maintaining management responsibility for a variety of other IT related projects, captures or growth pursuits across all operating divisions within HHS.
The Program Director’s program manager role is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional program execution in delivery of engineering services to HHS. The candidate will provide management and oversight for all technical, financial, schedule, and risk efforts in support of the program and is responsible for ensuring that the strategic direction and development of cost and operational models are aligned with the customer’s changing operational needs. The person in this position will work directly with the HHS and the Leidos leadership teams to ensure success of all aspects of the program including team leadership, client relationships, management of contract execution, oversight of strategic initiatives, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities. The candidate will provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The candidate will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business.
In addition to these specific program manager responsibilities, the program director will also maintain overall accountability for other programs as assigned by exercising supervisory oversight over other program managers of these assigned projects. Additionally, the program director will drive important captures and growth initiatives from the line perspective and will collaborate with the business development organization to bring about successful outcomes in re-compete, new business and/or take away pursuits. These responsibilities will include the building out of an IT infrastructure services practice and pipeline for HHS and assisting in identifying and qualifying pursuits alongside business development. The program director will contribute to technical solutions and proposal efforts, to include providing strategic direction and authoring content, as needed. The program director will provide advisory and subject matter expertise support from time to time on other operational programs as required and is expected to cultivate strong and dynamic customer relationships in all activities.
- Provide strategic & tactical direction including strategy to action plan for the HHS program and other infrastructure programs across all operating divisions within HHS
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to HHS
- Oversee operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Coordinate efforts associated with risk, subcontracts, change and contractual management
- Assist with the management of the Integrated Master Schedule; validating progress updates with the scheduler and team
- Provide oversight of program deliverables, responsible for working with the program CDRL lead to ensure a successful delivery
- Support the development of internal and external briefings inclusive of program execution reviews, and executive meetings
- Review cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Participate in customer meetings, effectively communicating program status and request clarification on issues when needed
- Coordinate the compilation of program documentation inclusive of work instructions, management plans, and directives
- Provide oversight of program staffing requirements, working with assigned TA Managers to support efficient hiring
- Work with highly technical teams to report status and assist with other support tasks
- Actively engage with functional support teams to ensure customer and Leidos requirements are met
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the program
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within HHS
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures as well as actively participate in regular quality audits.
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the HHS program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- Provide supervisory oversight over other programs as assigned and deliver satisfactory operational and financial results of the collective
- Collaborate with business development to drive capture and growth initiatives from the line perspective and deliver satisfactory results in re-compete, new business and take away pursuit outcomes
- Provide advisory support and subject matter expertise to other operational programs and pursuits as required acting as the HHS division infrastructure lead
- Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of program management experience for comparable Network and Security Services programs with performance incentives/disincentives tied to Service Level Agreements
- Certified PMP (Active certification required)
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification
- Experience in directly managing programs comprised of at least 30-50 FTEs while simultaneously supervising multiple other programs with teams ranging in size from 30-100 FTES spanning both FFP and T&M contract types
- Knowledge of end user and infrastructure engineering areas including platform, mobile, unified communications, Microsoft 365, cloud, network, security and core infrastructure , supporting approximately 12,000 users
- Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Expertise and working knowledge of cost account management, risk management, staffing, sales growth, direct customer communication with customer leaders/executives
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation and CDRL’s
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve documentation to support the PMO and Technical Teams
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Leidos Program Execution requirements, inclusive of Management Reviews and Integrated Product Reviews
- Capture management and new business growth experience
- Successful record of capturing new business at NIH, HHS, or comparable civil government customers for opportunities with at least a 10% growth
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance.
- CISSP and/or advanced ITIL certifications
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with HHS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, network and security services
- Experience with ServiceNow or Microsoft Suite, including MS Project, Visio, and PowerBI
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.