Leidos is seeking a staff geologist, scientist, or engineer to support environmental projects at multiple office locations, including: Twinsburg, OH, Oak Ridge, TN, and Earth City, MO.
The successful candidate will support a variety of environmental investigation, remediation, and monitoring projects at government and commercial facilities across the Unites States. Anticipated task activities will include, but are not limited to: site surveys and inspections, multimedia sampling, groundwater monitoring well installation oversight/abandonment, and support to remediation system design/construction/maintenance. Candidates will also support the preparation of technical work plans, reports, and permits. Candidates will conduct scientific analyses of environmental data resulting from field operations, and support development of graphical and written investigation results. Candidates will assist with coordinating technical documents through various stages of generation and production, communicating and working effectively with diverse project teams and project management, and working within designated schedules and budgets
- Manage the collection of investigation data including sample results from soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water media, site engineering data, and pertinent literature or site-related data.
- Compile, interpret, and report data to meet project quality assurance requirements under Federal (e.g. CERCLA), state, and/or client programs (including PFOS, PFOA, GenX).
- Writing technical reports of complex technical analysis
- Development, analysis, and selection of remedial alternatives and exit strategies.
- Comply with Leidos and client Environmental Compliance and Health & Safety programs.
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% to work locations with ability to pass background checks, obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations
Required Education & Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Environmental Engineering or Science or related field.
- More than three years of experience in the environmental restoration field.
- A minimum of 1 year directly relevant PFAS Remedial Design or Remedial Action project experience
- Expertise in emerging PFAS technical guidance, health and regulatory issues, and impacts on DoD
- Interpretation and analysis of chemical, geotechnical, geologic, and/or engineering data to address project/reporting requirements.
- Attention to detail and ability to conduct work in accordance with written plans and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and collaborate across multiple Leidos offices.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (40-hour HAZWOPER) and OSHA occupational physical exam and medical clearance allowing performance of field work at hazardous waste sites).
- Professional credential or progress toward obtaining certification in field of specialty (e.g, EIT, GIT, PG, Certified Soil Technician, CPSS, etc.)
- Specialized skills/experience in an environmental technical area such as experience in a laboratory setting; familiarity with drinking water treatment; industry safety requirements and waste disposal methods; environmental statistical methods (e.g., trend analysis); environmental databases; or commonly employed contaminant fate/transport models.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.