Leidos is seeking a mid-level Environmental Scientist r to support environmental projects at multiple office locations, including: Twinsburg, OH, Oak Ridge, TN, and Earth City, MO.
The successful candidate will support environmental investigation and remediation projects, including task/project management, field investigations and field management, data interpretation and assessment, remedial design and implementation, and report preparation. Specific tasks will include definition of subproject requirements and standards; preparation of work plans and technical reports; sampling of environmental media; data collection, processing, and interpretation; chemical and geographic data manipulation; and oversight of field activities.
Candidates will work independently with Leidos Senior Staff supervision, supervise junior staff, and interface with multiple Leidos offices and subcontractors. Applicants should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders. Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Manage the collection of investigation data including sample results from soil, groundwater, sediment, and surface water media, site engineering data, and pertinent literature or site-related data.
- Compile, interpret, and report data to meet project quality assurance requirements under Federal (e.g. CERCLA), state, and/or client programs (including PFOS, PFOA, GenX.
- Writing technical reports of complex technical analysis
- Development, analysis, and selection of remedial alternatives and exit strategies.
- Comply with Leidos and client Environmental Compliance and Health & Safety programs.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% to work locations with ability to pass background checks, obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations
Required Education & Experience:
- BS or MS degree in Environmental Engineering or Science or related field.
- Three (with MS) to five (with BS) years of experience in the environmental field.
- A minimum of 1 year directly relevant PFAS Remedial Design or Remedial Action project experience
- Expertise in emerging PFAS technical guidance, health and regulatory issues, and impacts on DoD
- Interpretation and analysis of chemical, geotechnical, geologic, and/or engineering data to address project/reporting requirements.
- Attention to detail and ability to conduct work in accordance with written plans and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (40-hour HAZWOPER) and OSHA occupational physical exam and medical clearance allowing performance of field work at hazardous waste sites).
- Professional credential or progress toward obtaining certification in field of specialty (e.g, EIT, GIT, PG, Certified Soil Technician, CPSS, etc.)
- Specialized skills/experience in an environmental technical area such as experience in a laboratory setting; familiarity with drinking water treatment, aquatic microbiology and chemistry, and public health; industry safety requirements and waste disposal methods; environmental statistical methods (e.g., trend analysis) and software tools (e.g., SAS); environmental databases (e.g., data management); or commonly employed contaminant fate/transport models (e.g., SESOIL, AT123D).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.