At Leidos, we know the most talented professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
Are you interested in working on an exciting Air Force Vanguard program? The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking a Principal Software Engineer for a position in Dayton, OH. The Software Engineer will work with other engineers on the Leidos team to help lead the design and implementation of aircraft autonomy and supporting software for the Air Force Vanguard program Skyborg. Leidos is currently under contract to create a reference architecture and implementation for the core autonomy system that will autonomously control low-cost, teamed aircraft to provide pilots with key data to support rapid, informed decisions.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for leading engineers in designing, implementing, and testing object-oriented C++ software to support the Skyborg autonomy suite. The Software Engineer will be part of an Agile software design and development team, which is in the early stages of building the autonomy system.
• Develop and document solid software development plans and procedures
• Lead Agile sprint teams in designing and implementing software
• Create and update software design documentation
• Lead engineers in the implementation of object-oriented C++ software
• Lead engineers in the creation of unit test code
• Lead the creation of Interface Control Documents, Application Programming Interfaces, and other documentation
• Participate in peer reviews of design, code, and documentation
• Mentor junior software engineers in good engineering practices
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or other science discipline and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Significant experience developing software for a service-oriented architecture
• Expert-level experience developing object-oriented C++ software
• Knowledge of software development tools in Linux environments
• Team player who can work with and lead software developers across multiple companies
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering software components in an Agile Scrum environment
• Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, continuous integration, etc.)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
• Experience as a supervisor overseeing the day-to-day performance of other software engineers
• Open Mission Systems (OMS) experience
• Experience with CentOS
• Experience working with airborne systems
• Experience working with issues in Jira
• Experience working with airborne systems
• Experience developing autonomous systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.